Thursday, September 4, 2014

Chopped.

I do not prepare a from-scratch dinner for my family every day.  This week, for example, I knew I would be baking Tuesday night, so I needed something I could toss together pretty easily.  Italian Chopped Salad was exactly what we needed.
I planned ahead and got everything from my local supermarket (where they have everything I could imagine).  Here's what I got to make 6 servings...
 


You need: large bowl, knife, cutting board, small container with a tight lid

Italian Chopped Salad
1 bag romaine lettuce
1 pint grape tomatoes
1C stuffed green olives
1/2 C kalamata olives
1/4 C sliced banana peppers
1 (6oz) package cappicola ham, sliced
1 (6oz) package shredded ham
2 oz fresh mozzarella, diced
4 oz provolone, diced
Dressing:
1/4 C red wine vinegar
1/2 C olive oil
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
Shaken, not stirred

Serve with this bread:
(Heat oven to 500)
1 loaf French bread cut in half and then sliced down the middle
1 stick unsalted butter, room temp

Slather butter. All of the butter. Place on a cookie sheet, bake 15-20 minutes til the bread is crunchy and the butter is turning brown.

I should have been making this once a week for my whole life. Better late than never.

No comments:

Post a Comment