Thursday, October 30, 2014

FALLing in love-- halloween costumes!

There is no way I would continue on without showing you my costumed kiddos.  I was happy that the costumes this year did not require extensive hair and makeup. Actually, my girly girl wanted to do her own hair and makeup.  I only helped a little.  Its nice when they can do things for themselves.

Both of my kids had home-made costumes this year, and I have to say, they are some of the best out there.  We will start with the 50's waitress....
 
so this is a super easy circle skirt. I added a waist band and a rectangle that makes the apron, and tacked on some bling. the shirt is just a black t-shirt that I cut the collar out of and added a loooonnnngggg rectangle collar that stuck right on with some hem tape, and ironed on a name tag. easy peasy. (also nearly cost me my sanity and I melted the first collar with an iron, so watch your heat settings.)  OH the hat. that's just a 1.5 inch wide strip of paper with white fabric taped to it and bobby-pinned to her head. you should go make this costume. you should wear it to the movies. -but not to dinner because someone might ask you to refill their soda. 
 
 
and theres this guy...
 
ok. wow. he was a hit a the festival we attended last night. there are several pictures of him floating around out there. I used my trench coat and buttoned it around his neck about waist-high. he was wearing a backpack that was full of plastic bags and we filled the top and arms and gloves with bags as well (it was a lot of bags, I promise.)  I found a huge jar of cheddar cheese balls -- tried to wrangle up help to eat all of the cheddar cheese balls before we had to use the jar, but we still had a ton left that are now living in a bowl on my counter, so if you need any, I have plenty. I cut out the back and the bottom and fit it around his cute little head, stuffed a shirt in the top of the coat to hide the bags and there you have it. star of the show.  added benefit: I forgot to bring bags for candy, so I just reached in to the coat and pulled a few out.  this is costume saved Halloween for my kids. without it, there would have been no candy collected. 
 
so much fun, y'all. --and we get to do it all again tomorrow!!! yay for candy! yay for dress up.


No comments:

Post a Comment