Thursday, October 23, 2014

HOT DISH Kameryn L'Ecuyer


 
Its been a few years since I first met Kameryn L’Ecuyer, but I had heard about her for a while before I saw her in real life.  My grandmother told me about this wonderful girl who was “close friends” (ahem) with my cousin, Preston.  Grandma was very sure that they would be married some day and then move away and be missionaries in some far off place and we would never see them again. -Well, they did get married, but they live in the neighboring state of Texas, which is almost like another country, but within reasonable driving distance. 

When she has free time, Kameryn enjoys things like refinishing furniture and cooking (and so I like her).  Her favorite hobby is traveling, which allows her to experience different cultures and go on adventures with her husband.  Together, they are also involved in the First Baptist Church of Arlington, TX.  

Getting to know Kameryn just a little bit, I learned about an organization in the Hurst – Euless – Bedford area that totally impressed me.  I think you should know about Kameryn and about the organization she works with.  As the Director of External Compassion Ministries at 6 Stones Mission Network, Kameryn works with the school district, HEB ISD, and the local churches to coordinate events for students and the community, particularly with families who qualify as economically disadvantaged.

I asked Kameryn, “What do you want the world to know?”  She responded with this: “There are many different social service agencies that do so much good. I would encourage anyone and everyone to find something that aligns with what they are passionate about and get involved, in any capacity. Every nonprofit needs resources, financial support, volunteers and so on.”

You can learn all about 6 Stones here.  The stated Mission of 6 Stones is …”to be a catalyst of hope that transforms lives, homes and our community.”  I don’t know of any person who could not use some life-transforming hope.  For that reason alone, I encourage you to learn about this organization.  Pray for them. Pray for the people they encounter. Pray for hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment