Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Glam Squad; Sugar Skull

There aren't a lot of things that offend me. I don't agree with everybody on everything, and I don't expect everybody to agree with me.  I have told my kids (and myself) "they don't have to like you, and you don't have to care" so many times, I can't keep count.  That being said, I understand that there will be people who do not share my affinity for sugar skull makeup. It doesn't hurt my feelings at all. If you don't like sugar, or skulls, you don't have to tell me. Just don't read any more of this post.

What I don't understand is people who don't like coffee. That does hurt my feelings and boggle my mind. Its just weird.

So the plan for this look was to get all made up and then go shoot pictures in the cemetery. Then I realized that I didn't have my makeup bag, and I had to totally improvise from my original design AND I underestimated my time allotment for the prep work here. We did not actually go to the cemetery after all. -which makes me sad because I know we would have captured some amazing shots!!
That is neither here nor there. 

here's the look:
 
and here's what you need:
white makeup and sponge applicator, translucent powder, powder brush small/fine makeup brush, black eyeliner (cream works best), blue eye shadow, grey eye shadow, eye shadow brush, sticky jewels from the scrap booking section at Hobby Lobby, red lipstick, eyelashes
 
 
apply white make up all over your face and neck - except for your eye sockets. Brush on some translucent powder to set the white. Start your art work by applying eye shadow all around your eyes - from the eye brow to the edge of the eye socket under your eye. -you can use any color for this, just make sure its dark enough to show up. Now take the eye shadow brush and shade the top of your forehead, the hollows of your cheeks, under your jaw line, and down the muscles in your neck to create dimension.  Using the black eyeliner, line your eyes, draw your nose, and start the designs on your face. Add color with lipstick - any color you like.  Lipstick comes in a wide array of colors and it really stays on better than anything else and is easy to manipulate with a fine brush.  The designs are totally up to you. you can be as simple or as ornate as you want to be- flowers, hearts, spider webs, anything you like. Add eyelashes by applying  a small dot of glue to both edges of your top lashes, one on the outside corner and one on inside corner.  Apply a thin layer of glue to the lashes and let it dry for 30 seconds or so for it to become tacky so it will stick better. I added mascara to my lower lashes, you can or don't have to.  Completing your face, you will add jewels around the color portion of your eyes. Just outline your eye socket with these lovelies. If you have trouble getting them to stick, put a little dot of your lash glue on them and they will stay put nicely. I only had to add glue to a few stubborn ones that were on my eye brows.
Pin a few flowers in your hair and you're set. (I would have liked my hair to be taller, but by this point in my day I was done caring.)
 
there ya go- this one takes some time, but I love it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment