Friday, October 17, 2014

Glam Squad: Pop Art

All of these costumes remind me of my niece, and I wish she was closer so I could dress her up for you guys. She's super talented and creative and beautiful- she inspires me to think outside the box. Thank you, Bailey for your inspiration.
ok. so...This is the look that kicked off the whole idea of costume makeup series.  One afternoon I asked my lovely daughter to let me try some makeup ideas on her little facey wacey.  She complied (I think because she didn't know how much time I would actually want from her in this series) and I was fairly pleased with the results. This is our first shot at pop art, and there are certainly things to be improved upon, but I think its pretty fun.  Disclaimer: my daughter is not sad. the makeup makes her look sad. I promise. She's a very happy child.  Really.



Pop Art Face!
what you need:
white face paint or white eye liner, black eye liner, blue eye liner, red lipstick, q tip or concealer brush

Start with the black lines. I always start from the top, so in this case, eyebrows. draw them in to your selected expression.  Line around the eyes - top lash line and bottom lash line, also create an outline for tears if you are a sad pop art character. Draw a line just off center down the nose, and on the crease of the nostril. Draw a small line in the middle of the upper lip just above the cupid's bow and line the lips (yes, still in black).  Outline the entire jaw line. Now just fill in - tears in blue, lips in red. I used a q-tip to make the white dots, and I think they're too big, so if you agree that they should be smaller, use a concealer brush or a white eye liner.
This comes together pretty fast and is a good last-minute costume idea, should you need one.- Or you can totally run with the pop art theme and make it a much more intricate costume with hair and clothing.  Either way, this is fun and you can create any expression you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment