Monday, October 13, 2014

Glam Squad

You know I'm a cook. You know I am a music enthusiast, but  you may not know this:
There are few things I enjoy doing more than hair and makeup. It brings joy to my heart to have lovely ladies come over to let me be the Glam Squad for their special event, photo shoot or night out.
Due to my obsession  passion for hair and makeup, October kicks off a very special time of year. 
You guessed it: the Makeup Season!  Whether you are looking for that perfect Halloween costume, Thanksgiving day makeup to go with your fat pants or Christmas party sparkle, I can fix you right up.   (and by "you" here, I mean me. or my kids. or you, if you want. I don't see a reason to limit myself)
This week I am taking the liberty of switching over from food to makeup.  If you are on the fence about your costume for impending parties, maybe I can help.

Today, I would like to go ahead and thank my children, who have been enthusiastic models and have been surprisingly still as I applied multiple layers of goo to their little faces.

You may think that Halloween makeup is an investment you don't want to make. Au Contraire. For me, and I do have sort of an extensive collection, I understand, --but for me, I just use the makeup I already have.  There is one exception, and that is the white clown makeup, but you can pick that up at the drugstore or any WalMart or Target for a dollar or so. (mine was 97 cents)

We will start with my son. (he actually begged me to do his makeup, lest you think I forced him)
this is his Ventriloquist Dummy face. A little creepy, if you ask me, but those things are creepy no matter what. This is totally something you can do at the last minute if you decide, "yes, I do want to Trick or Treat." Or perhaps you are just going to bite the bullet and go ahead and go to that costume party blind date - best to go in full makeup just in case...


What you need:
white clown makeup, sponge applicator, black eyeliner, light brown eye shadow, brush applicator, fine toothed comb, water, gel

apply a think layer of white clown makeup all over the face. Outline eyebrows with the black liner and fill in. -you can make them bigger than normal, or change the shape in any way you like, really. Eyebrows are fancy that way. (especially when they're blonde like this fella's) Outline eyes with black liner as well.  This will need to be pretty heavy, err on the side of over doing it. Draw lines straight down from the corners of the smile to make a hinged mouth.  Add a few little dimpley lines around that smile for dimension.  Use the brown eye shadow to create some contour on the nose by shading both sides of the bridge of the nose just bit so that its not just glaring white.  Also shade the chin to show a little change in color so that he doesn't look as if he's all one piece.  Last, slick that hair down so it looks plastic. We just used gel and water and combed it. Nothing crazy.
You can do this on a girl and go a little more drastic - I'll show you that another day. Sit tight.




No comments:

Post a Comment